Official Reddit Community: Reddit.com/r/femalehairstyleideas/

Hairstyles Advice - How To Braid With Volume

Sometimes I hear most from my friends is that they can not get their braids to have volume. They love to make braids, but they have difficulties not to make them super tight or flat. Here are four tips I use when I want my braids to have volume: 

1. Backcomb first. This helps a lot because it gives your braid a base to put on. I always backcomb the section I want to plait and then go back and soften the outer layer so it does not look ratty.


"Hair Advice,Braid With Volume"
Guest Post by: Steph

2. Hold the hair gently: as you braid. This is huge and helps a ton. If you are grasping the way the hair is tight and pulling it way tight between each section, try loosening your grip a little. I never hold my hair very tight as I braid, making it automatically a bit loose and giving it volume.

Guest Post by: Steph


3. Write it down: Once your braid is complete, push the end of it up and in, scrunching it up a little. Once you see how you want, bobby pin it where you are holding it to secure the body.

4. Pull it off:  After your braid is complete and secured with pins, pull each section lightly to lift and loosen it. If you are worried that you will pull your braid out, hold the end of it with one hand and then lift a little in each section with the other hand.


0 comments

Post a Comment

 

Connect in: Bloglovin